A few days ago, we met an Italian professional sommelier to get some tips on how to discover the differences between a low-priced Chianti and a value one.
This is the conversation we had with the sommelier Diego Vita:
Let’s talk about Chianti La Pieve and Chianti Fortebraccio Riserva: Tuscan excellences among the best Italian wines.
We will treat the following topics that all should know:
- The importance of the strenghts
- Basic and main features to rank a wine
- Score ? Why it is so significant
- The great wines are born from charming estates
- Chianti: a perfect pairing for all palates
The importance of the strenghts
- Brand knowledge worldwide: Chianti, a wine of artists and poets well known since the Etruscan era, stands out by far as the greatest of wines and holds the most famous wine in the world
- Grape excellence: Chianti is mainly composed by Sangiovese grape, the undisputed king of Italian red grapes. Sangiovese alludes to the “Sanctus Zeus”, the god Jupiter of the Romans, and was alreasdy praised in ancient times by Pliny the Elder as one of the finest grapes in the world
- Registered trade mark in China: Chianti, the most famous Italian wine, has its own trade mark officially registered for the export in China
- Superior high quality: the excellence for a wine is between 90 and 95 points, denoting a very high quality product. Chianti La Pieve and Chianti Fortebraccio Riserva wines, with an average score of 91 points and 93 points respectively, are therefore classified as real excellences among the best Italian wines
- DOCG: Chianti La Pieve and Chianti Fortebraccio Riserva are DOCG wines produced with controlled and guaranteed denomination of origin, the best quality assurance label for Italian wines
- Unbeatable quality/price ratio: Chianti La Pieve and Chianti Fortebraccio Riserva wines, with an an extremely competitive producer price, have by far the best value for money compared with all other red wines with similar features in terms of quality, brand knowledge and reputation
- Wine pairing food: Chianti La Pieve and Chianti Fortebraccio Riserva wines are very versatile wines, suitable to be combined with any kind of food, including starters and main courses of meat, cheese and cured meats. Moreover, they are particularly appropriate for accompanying even more delicate food, such as white meat, rice, pasta, fish and vegetables, and therefore are also excellent for pairing with the typical dishes of Chinese cuisine, from Peking duck to chicken with sesame
- Cooking: for cooking is mandatory to use very good wines. All the great chefs use the best ingredients in their recipes, including of course the wine. During cooking, the alcohol evaporates and in this way a superior high quality wine gives the dish a peculiar and particular taste. Chianti La Pieve and Chianti Fortebraccio Riserva are extremely eclectic wines, excellent not only for pairing Chinese food but perfect also to be used as ingredient for many typical recipes of international cuisine
- Organic production process: Chianti La Pieve and Chianti Fortebraccio Riserva are organic wines, as shown in the label where it is clearly stated “VINO BIOLOGICO”. The main difference with traditional non-organic wines is that organic wines do not contain chemicals at all and so compared to conventional wines have a very important added value: they respect and save the environment and the consumer health, and hold substances useful for the human organism, such as resveratrol, which numerous scientific researches has shown to be a therapeutic agent for the cardiovascular system
That was the substantial characteristics, on the next article we will treat another important topic, Basic and main features to rank a wine.
NEXT ARTICLE: Basic and main features to rank a wine.
- 70Italy and Chianti, the most awarded by Wine Spectator, present their excellences: Chianti la Pieve and Chianti Fortebraccio riserva Regardless of the classification system used, the excellence for a wine is always between 90 and 95 points, denoting a very high quality product. Given that most of the wines (or…
- 61ITALY AND CHIANTI, THE MOST AWARDED BY WINE SPECTATOR, PRESENT THEIR EXCELLENCES: CHIANTI LA PIEVE AND CHIANTI FORTEBRACCIO RISERVA Regardless of the classification system used, the excellence for a wine is always between 90 and 95 points, denoting a very high quality product. Given that most of the wines (or…
- 58Following from the previous article "Score ? Why it is so significant" now we discover that the great wines are born from charming estates follow up with a series of articles talking how the professional sommelier Diego Vita can recommend the best wines. During this exhaustive and important aside, we…
- 56Chianti is the best known Italian wine brand in China. It says that the authoritative and influential portal WineITA, number one in the world for the promotion of Italian wines in China. The Chianti Wine Consortium received this great recognition during the last edition of Interwine, one of the largest…